Monday, June 27, 2011

What is This "Femme FITalle" Blog All About???

“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade” is how the saying goes and I intend to do just that! Starting today, I will no longer live in an apartment building with a gym. This is sad, sad news. However (here comes the lemonade!), I’ve decided that this situation does have a silver lining because I now have absolutely zero reasons not to try the plethora of physical activities available in this great city!

I LOVE working out. What can I say? In the past decade or so that I’ve worked out regularly, exercise has always made me happier, period. The gym has been my sanctuary during various high school trivialities, college challenges, my first job, numerous heartbreaks (whew!), and moving away from my entire support system back home. Yes, exercise is a good thing and I don’t think I need to convince any of you of that. What I want to do is introduce new ways of exercising to you and myself as well. I’m guilty of becoming a gym rat; I go to the gym, do the same basic routine every visit and call it a day. While I work out hard and generally appreciate the results of my hard labor, it does get… boring. I can’t be the only one so I figure, with this “problem” of having no home gym on my hands, I ought to make the best of it and try out alllllllllllll of those cool classes I used to hear about, consider, and pass on. There’s no time like the present, right?

In this blog, I promise to deliver informative and honest reviews of my experiences, answer any questions you have (I love feedback!), keep you alert of workout-related deals and steals in your city, and divulge some delicious and healthy recipes. I’ve already got an ever-growing list of over 50 activities I want to try out so this blog will never become stale! What I promise NOT to do is turn this into a diet/losing weight blog (I’m sure there are already plenty of those… and they’re so blah). 

LaFemmeFITalle is about trying new things, going outside your comfort zone, and having A FABULOUS TIME being active! So let’s get started, shall we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment