Friday, January 20, 2012

A Detox for the Entrepreneur... Or Just a Super Busy Person Always On the Go!

As the co-founder of an amazing company called Lifestyle + Charity, Rachael is an incredible go-getter. It isn't only her "Can do!" attitude that is inspiring but, more so, her focus on giving back in everything that she does. She works very hard and is a wonderful presence to be around and it is my pleasure to share her guest blog with you now here on LaFemmeFITalle. **************************************************************************************************************************************************
Rachael
This year is going to be about Body 2.0! As an entrepreneur, philanthropic-party goer/host, and New York City business professional, I’m constantly putting my health on the back burner. When I don’t feel good, I’m not on my game, lack energy, and my skin suffers too. Here’s what a typical day looks like - I’m sure you share the same.

Asleep at 2 or 3AM. Wake-up between 7 and 9:30AM. When I wake up too late, then I lose the morning, which is when I try to get to the gym. So, I missed a workout that day, which sometimes happens 4 - 5 consecutive days in a row. Additionally, I have to get some emotional goodness, so I spend time reflecting on God and praying for my family, friends, and work day. I simply can’t leave this out because it keeps me grounded and focused on the important things in life. Then, the rest of the day is work, designing, organizing, writing....oh, and of course, constant communication: email, phone, Twitter, Facebook, clients, blog, instagram, and I have about 5 email accounts to manage. 

I’m not complaining, but I really need a regimen to keep my body and health in check because a big part of my job is covering events for Lifestyle + Charity and networking. I want to learn all that I can... and look good for the photos, of course! So, instead of dwelling on it, I went to a nutritionist friend for the answers. Lori Kaufman, Nutrition and Wellness Coach, who has also been published on LifestyleandCharity.com, put together a post-holiday detox kick-starter program. Before we get to the program, read about Lori and get to know someone who is so eager to help us all achieve health!




Lori Kaufman, MS R.D.H.H.C.
Lori is a Health Holistic Counselor for the Health Counseling program at the Institute for integrative Nutrition. This school is the only nutrition school integrating the 20 different dietary theories, combining the knowledge of the traditional philosophies with modern concepts like the USDA Food Pyramid, the glycemic index, the Zohe, and raw foods. Lori is also a vocalsupporter of the Susan G. Komen Foundation and supports Autism Awareness.
LoriKWellness.com/ 


.
Lori, what is your number one fitness passion?
My number one passion: Swimming. Swimming is not just about exercise for me, its about connecting with myself.  It allows me to think of what is going on in my life, and what will be going on.  It also allows me to come up with solutions for any issues I may be facing. 

What drives you to be healthy, and what are some of the obstacles you faced when you made the lifestyle change?
What drives me? Feeling good and being healthy. I love the way swimming clears my mind and makes me feel.  It also helps me focus on my day and what needs to be accomplished.

Of course, there are always a few obstacles. The major one was finding the time.  I found that once my day started, it was very difficult to get to a pool.  Now, I wake up earlier, swim and then start my day.  For me, getting up a little earlier was what helped.  It is definitely difficult in the Winter months, but I remind myself how I will feel after and just go. Plus, I pack my bag the night before!

Lori, what is a good post-holiday regimen to achieve a healthier lifestyle?
Without a doubt, the Blueprint or Organic Ave Detoxing system.






The holiday season may be over, but if you are left with a few extra pounds, cleansing or detoxing your body just may be the cure your looking for! Keep in mind that detoxing your body is not about starving.  It is about strengthening your organs that the body uses everyday to flush out the toxins that it encounters daily.  It is not just about weight loss, but it also provides your body a chance to repair itself. When you cleanse, you clear your mind, you increase your energy level, you reduce your stress and you do lose those extra pounds that you may have gained during the holiday season!

Contrary to popular belief, getting started on a detox plan does not have to be restrictive, and you can go on with your everyday lives.  It is can be short (3 days) or up to 21 days, but it should focus on eliminating toxins. If you chose to naturally detox at home to jumpstart your weight loss, here are a few simple tips you will want to follow:

1. At the start of each day, drink a glass of warm water with a little freshly squeezed lemon juice.  It will help flush your kidneys, and it’s a great way to start the day. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

2. Eliminate all sugar, sugar substitutes, processed foods, caffeine, alcohol and refined carbohydrates.

3. Eat small frequent meals made up of fruits, vegetables and lean proteins.  Also, be sure to limit your caloric intake to 1,200 calories a day.

4. Include raw herbs (ginger, milk thistle, lemon and fennel), which can be added to hot water to help eliminate excess toxins.

5. Increase your fiber! It will fill you up and help you have a regular bowel movement.

There are so many cleanses and detox plans available today that it is important to make sure you find the right one and always consult with your doctor or nutritionist before beginning any program. 

There you have it friends! Let’s detox and cleanse our bodies. I’ll be starting the program on January 5th. I’ll follow-up with my results. Keep me posted on yours by connecting with me on my Facebook Page!

“Socialize with those that make your heart sing.”
Rachael Lechliter
Co-Founder + Creative Director

Lifestyle + Charity Magazine
@Rach_Lechliter
Facebook.com/RachaelLechliter


  

No comments:

Post a Comment