Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Smooth(ie) Review

Upon announcing my new vegetarian diet, my roommate immediately posted the link to a FABULOUS blog written by fellow NY-er and nutrition enthusiast, Michelle Davenport. Be still my healthy little heart- Within 30 seconds of viewing PrinceandLime.com, I knew the first recipe I had to try: the Body- Friendly Pumpkin Pie Smoothie.
Photo courtesy of PrinceandLime.com



The Simple Recipe: 
A few scoops of pumpkin pie filling
A few scoops of greek yogurt 
A pinch of pumpkin pie spice (I used nutmeg to spice it up.... literally.)
A splash of milk (I used non-fat soy milk but you can use any milk you prefer. Michelle prefers hemp milk- I might try that next time!)

Optionals: Green lettuce, spinach and/or kale (I went with spinach) and a little squeeze of honey.

Blend together until smooth and top with a dollop of greek yogurt and a sprinkle of nutmeg


I followed her recipe almost to a T and it was so tasty. Admittedly, mine did not come out quite as pretty as hers- in fact, mine was GREEN beuse I used *too much* spinach but it still tasted plenty pumpkin-y and I am making it again ... and again and again! Thanks, Michelle!
Just for laughs, here are two pictures of mine.... I swear they still tasted very good!


1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy!

    I nominated your blog for the Liebster award! check it out here:
    http://outfitinspirations.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete