Friday, September 9, 2011

So Long, Summer... Hellllll-O Fall!

Summer has come and gone and we now find ourselves at the start of Fall. Can you BE-LIEVE it?! I can't. Autumn, especially in the Northeast, is one of my favorite times of year but I will miss the carefree attitude that summer demands. (Sigh.)

I went pretty low-key last weekend for Labor Day because I was fighting off a cough (and I won the battle- Yay!) but I made sure to send off the season with a legit summer meal: Lobster salad, corn on the cob, asparagus, strawberries, and lemonade. Mmmmmmm.....




Whoops! Almost forgot to plate my baked fingerling potatoes with basil and extra Virgin olive oil!




Even better, I got all of my ingredients- including the basil- from the Union Square Green Market which means all locally grown, organic products- YUM!





Not to be outdone, of course, Fall has her own special dishes that make my mouth water just thinking about them now. Crockpot meals full of veggies like these, fresh baked goodies, and seasonal coffee drinks abound during these cooler months and I love the homey-ness feel they inspire. For instance, try this little snack I whipped up in no time at all while I was switching my Spring/Summer wardrobe over to Fall/Winter:
One sliced green apple, sprinkled with cinnamon and baked at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes (so they're still a little crunchy!) accompanied by Spiced Chai also with a sprinkling of cinnamon- MmmMmmMmmmmmmm! You'll thank me. 


    ENJOY & share your favorite *healthy* Fall dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment