Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hey, Mister DJ...

I've been cooped up most of the long weekend getting over a minor yet very persistent cough and I'm THRILLED to be headed out the front door as soon as I post this for a nice, l-o-n-g run (... jog) along the Hudson. I know that, besides the beautiful scenery, I'm going to rely on....


                                   Mi musica! 


I actually need it for a lot of things…. Dancing, putting on my make-up, driving a car, and cleaning just to name a few activities. I definitely need it for any type of cardio workout I do, though. Here’s a list of some of the songs that have become tried and true faves:

-                                             Busta Rhymes: “Break Ya Neck”
-                                                              Beastie Boys: “Intergalactic”
-                                                  Gloria Estafan: “Turn the Beat Around”
-                                                      Missy Elliott: “Get Your Freak On”
-                                                                        OutKast: “B.O.B.”
-                              Jay Z: “On to the Next One”, “Run This Town” (w/ Rihanna)
-                                                            Cirque du Soleil: “16-Papillion”
-                                                              Cyrus the Virus: “Electronica”
-                                      Beyonce: “Run the World”, “Diva”, “Get Me Bodied”
-                                                                      Katy Perry: “Firework”
-                                                                       A.R. Rahman: “Riots”
-                                                             Black Eyed Peas: “My Humps”
-                                              Wyclef Jean: “Hollywood Meets Bollywood”
-                                          Ludacris: “Welcome to Atlanta” and “Move Bitch”
-                                      Florence and the Machine: “The Dog Days are Over”
-                                                             Green Day: “American Idiot”
-                            Electronica Techno Orchestra: “Badinerie from Orchestral Suite #2”
-                                                                               Techno 4: “Hot”
-                                                   The Ting Tings: “That’s Not My Name”
-                                            Eminem: “Till I Collapse” and “Lose Yourself”
-                                                              Pitbull: “Give Me Everything”
-                                                           A.R. Rahman and M.I.A.: “Oh … Saya”

Again, these are tried and true (somewhat of a euphemism for “dated”, if you haven't noticed….) so share some of YOUR favorites with me- I’d love to update my playlist!

2 comments:

  1. Rocky - Eye of the Tiger
    Hammer Time - You Can't Touch This
    Park Life - Blur
    any Led Zep at all
    Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People, Working Class Hero
    Breathe, Firestarter, Voodoo Ppl - Prodigy
    Like Wow Wipeout - Hoodoo Gurus
    Poker Face - L GG
    O Fortuna - Wagner
    Du Hast - Rammstein
    Rob Zombie
    Radiohead

    then hit the showers! Also check out 8tracks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I really like some of those (LUVVVVV "Du Hast") and others I've never heard of but I will definitely give a listen!

    Btw, everyone, running down the West Side Highway in the heavy rain is AWESOME.... except when your chondromalacia kicks in. Pretty good run, nonetheless!

    Chondromalacia:a general term indicating damage to the cartilage under your kneecap
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/chondromalacia-patella/DS00777

    ReplyDelete